After the spectacular success of its first editions in New York and Portland, Sherry fest will return to New York this October with a complete agenda of tastings, seminars, parties and dinners hosted by visiting producers from Spain, and a Grand Tasting scheduled for October 8th at Astor Center, where over 150 sherries will be poured.
Sherryfest is one of the largest sherry events in the world. Created by Peter Liem, author of Sherry, Manzanilla & Montilla and Rosemary Gray, director of RS Productions NYC, it was first held in New York City in October 2012. Events included 36 in-store tastings, four educational seminars, eight producer dinner events, and a grand sherry tasting with 20 sherry houses presenting over 100 Sherries for an audience of over 400 people, including top industry professionals, press and consumers
After NYC, Sherryfest will move to Toronto with more seminars, dinners and another Grand Tasting all taking place from October 9-11, with the aim of increasing awareness of Sherry wines in Canada.
The global crisis has slowed down the consumption of wine in many markets. However, Spain’s foreign transactions in the industry have increased by 9.8% in value, with a rise in the average sale price by 32.2% between January and April, 2013, as a study carried out by the study the Spanish Institute for Foreign Trade (ICEX) has revealed.
It seems that Spanish wines have attracted international recognition by the foreign press, as well as for the awards granted in different competitions. Spanish wines obtained 524 awards, from a total of 1,536 participants, at the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, where Spain won 24 'Great Gold Medals', surpassing France and Portugal.
During the month of September the ICEX, in cooperation with the network of Spain’s Economic and Commercial Offices in Europe has organized a series of promoting activities in different European cities.
Starting September 17, the 9th Edition of the Spanish Wines Fair will be held in Poland with the purpose to increase our catalogue in this market, as well as to support the Spanish wineries to get in contact with potential importers.
On the same date, the Spanish Economic and Commercial Office in London, along with “Wines from Spain” have organized the contest "The Wines from Spain Awards 2013", whose objective is to inform the British consumer about the variety and quality of Spanish wines. During the ceremony, a selected group of wine industry experts, led by the journalist and “Master of Wine”, Tim Atkin, will select among participants the top hundred wines that are currently sold on the British market.
Finally, on September 23-25, ICEX and the economic Office of the Embassy of Spain in Düsseldorf have organized the 12th Edition of the Spanish wines fair in Wiesbaden Hamburg respectively, which aims to introduce new wineries in the German market and to expand the distribution network in this country.
Under the motto “Drink more sherry. Eat more ham” husband and wife duo Derek Brown and Chantal Tseng have recently opened Mockingbird Hill, a sherry bar inspired by their trips to Spain.
The new spot offers a menu of over 50 Sherries, classified by style that goes from the bone dry to the sweet. To pair the sherry, the couple is focusing on another Spanish delicacy, ham. With Spanish Ibérico de bellota on sight, the Mockingbird Hill has currently four cured hams rotating through the carving station.
Brown admits that getting people to love sherry is an uphill battle. "Most people think of sweet, cream sherries," he says, "but the reality is that sweet Sherries make up only 10% of production." So, some days, at 5 p.m., there will be complimentary sherry (and ham) classes at Mockingbird Hill. "We want to reintroduce it," says Brown.”We want people to experience it in a new way."
The bar is located one block North from Howard University’s Metro Station, in the popular District of Columbia.
The 59th edition of Summer Fancy Food Show is opening its doors on Sunday June 30. The event, considered North America’s premier showcase for specialty food & beverage will be held at the Jacob Javits Centre in New York City, which offers additional exhibit space of 54, 400 sq feet this year as well as better ceilings and newer windows.
Attendees will be able to discover 180,000 products including confections, cheese, coffee, snacks, spices, ethnic, natural, organic and more from 80 different countries & regions.
Having access to many free services as well as marketing, PR and networking opportunities the shows is the most convenient and cost-effective way for exhibitors to meet buyers from every major food/beverage buying channel in the U.S. and around the world.
In addition to the many vendors displaying their products, the Fancy Food Show also hosts the Sofi Awards which recognizes stand-out food products in 32 categories such as appetizers and cold beverages. This year’s finalists were selected from a record number of 2,573 entries across all the 32 awards categories.
For more information on the show, please visit http://www.specialtyfood.com
- Summer series of selected spanish wines tastings hosted at Jaleo restaurant
- New York celebrates the 8th Edition of the Spanish Soho Mile
- Spain´s El Celler de Can Roca wins the world´s best restaurant award
- Washington, Dc’s Mayor proclaims “Jaleo restaurant day”
- International Chef Pacho Glez De Miguel represents Magefesa at Bravo Supermarkets
- Magefesa, on the way to the 2013 International Home+Housewares show in Chicago
- Cascajares and José Andrés launch a Thanksgiving Turkey
- Spanish olive oil becoming an important part of chinese culture
- Five Spanish wineries chosen among the 100 top in the world by "Wine Spirits Magazine"
- NYC Spanish restaurant awarded two Michelin Stars
- Spain's San Sebastian wins “Greatest Gastronomic Destination in the world” poll
- José Andrés Celebrates the 10th Annual Paella Festival in Washington DC
- Victoria Amory, an exciting new contributing Chef at Magefesa
- Newsweek magazine rates Spain among the best places to eat around the world
- Passionate cook from El Dorado, delighted at the browning and cleaning properties of Magefesa pans
- A Basque company becomes the first European manufacturer of spray food.
- Spanish Olives find a new destination market in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- FERMIN, Gold Award Winner at 2012 SOFI Awards
- American chef highlights the qualities of Magefesa pressure cookers.
- The 57th edition of Summer Fancy Food Show to be celebrated in Washington, DC. this weekend
Page 1 of 9<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next > End >>